A dirty or improperly cleaned bedroom can ruin your life. This is not an exaggeration. Anything that damages the air quality in your bedroom will negatively impact the quality of your sleep, which will in turn endanger your long-term health, make you feel tired and cranky all the time, and even hurt your social life.
Furthermore, people are naturally predisposed to want a clean and ordered living space, so sleeping in a dusty and messy room also makes you subconsciously unhappy. This is especially true now that the COVID-19 crisis has forced us all to spend much more time indoors than usual.
We’re here to help! While booking the best cleaning services in Dallas is an easy and effective way to deal with a dingy bedroom, it still pays to learn how to do it yourself without spending an inordinate amount of time on cleaning. Read on to learn how to clean your bedroom like a pro.
How do I deep clean my bedroom?
Deep cleaning a bedroom is no different than deep cleaning a living room: it just tends to involve less decluttering and more laundry.
Here’s how to deep clean your bedroom in 6 steps:
- Step #1: Gather any items that haven’t been stored properly (for example, clothes lying on the floor) and store them where they belong. Throw the bedsheets, pillowcases, blankets, and other bedding into the laundry.
- Step #2: Take some clean microfiber cloths, dampen them with a universal household cleaner (or water and soap), and wipe down all cabinets, nightstands, shelves, picture frames, and other hard surfaces in your bedroom.
- Step #3: Wipe down the windowsills and wash the inside and outside of the windows using an appropriate glass cleaner in a spray bottle.
- Step #4: Vacuum the floor and the carpets, then give the floors a good mopping. Move the bed and other large furniture that isn’t nailed down and vacuum and mop behind and underneath them as well.
- Step #5: Grab the upholstery attachment for the vacuum cleaner and give the bed a thorough vacuuming before putting on some fresh sheets. Vacuum the curtains with the same attachment.
- Step #5: Remove the HVAC vents and clean or replace the filters, then vacuum inside the vent.
- Step #6: Pick up any pet hair (if needed).
How long should it take to clean a bedroom?
It depends on how large and messy your bedroom is, and whether you’re giving it a regular or a deep cleaning. A standard cleaning that includes mopping, vacuuming, dusting, tidying up, and straightening the sheets shouldn’t take more than 15-20 minutes.
However, the cleaning can easily take upwards of an hour if you also have to do advanced tasks such as washing windows, polishing mirrors, picking up pet hair, moving the bed so you can clean underneath and behind it, cleaning inside commodes or cabinets, and so on.
Where can I schedule the very best cleaning services in Dallas?
For many working Americans, giving their kitchen an in-depth cleaning or thoroughly sanitizing their bathroom is something they simply don’t have the time to do. As a result, their homes aren’t nearly as clean and as germ-free as they should be. This can make the coronavirus pandemic even more dangerous than it already is.
If this is your situation, don’t hesitate to give Breathe Maids of Dallas a call. As the premier provider of residential and commercial cleaning services in Texas, we’ll happily take care of your cleaning needs while you enjoy some fun family time at the Lakewood Park. Contact us today!